Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all those great moms I know! I want to say something nice to a few of the moms I'm closest too; Marina, your patience with Augustine is extraordinary, I've never seen you get flustered and I love seeing you light up even more then usual when you two are having fun. Jessica, you have raised two of Amalie's best friends, and you are a mother I trust with my own kids, you are so down to earth with your children, and I know they will appreciate it when they are older, because I appreciate it now. Sarah, you are very relaxed with your girls, I like that you allow them to enjoy being kids. Lori, my best friends mom, you have given me some of the best advice I have ever received, and your delivery is amazing and low on the BS. My own mom, Uta, thank you for raising me to be able to take care of myself. And to Chris's mom, Jill, thank you for giving me and my girls the best man I have ever met, and for welcoming me in your home and family, and being a second mother to me in many ways. I love you all, thank you for being great moms and giving me the inspiration to be a better mother myself.


So, I try to do something for our mother on mother's day, and this year I got my idea from Pinterest (I spend a considerable amount of time pinning). So we made paintings of flowers using their hands and feet, I used Crayola's washable paint, it washes off with just water, and a heavy sketch paper.




I used a paint brush to paint their feet and hands so the paint won't be as blotchy. I would have had more pictures of Delanie during the painting, but she was squirming around, it was similar to wrestling an octopus; it took both Chris and me just to get her prints on the paper.


Here are the finished paintings, Amalie's is on the left and Delanie's is on the right. I added the sun and grass at the end. It was a very fun project, and I plan on having them do another one to hang in my sewing room.

No comments:

Post a Comment