Monday, May 28, 2012

Save the Scraps: Tissue holder


Tissue holders are great for kids, I made one of these for Amalie to take in her backpack for school. I have noticed that the little plastic pack gets all jacked up in my purse, so I have one for my purse too. This little project is pretty easy and very fast.


First cut your fabric at 7.5in x 6in.


Pin your fabric pieces pretty sides together.


Sew up the two short lines at a 1/4in seam.


Flip right side out and press.


Now top stitch on your sewn seams at 1/8in.


Fold it so that the 2 sewn edges overlap in the middle by about 1/3 inch; it doesn't have to be perfect so don't stress too much. Also make sure that lining is on the outside for this step.


Sew the unfinished sides at a 1/4 seam on both sides.


Clip your threads...


...and flip right side out and put your tissues in.


Here's the finished product!



No comments:

Post a Comment