Monday, May 7, 2012

Update on the Sewing Room

I have made quite a bit of progress in the last few weeks, it is taking longer than I expected what with the kids and all.

I painted the ceiling, and primed the walls.

Then I could start painting, even with the primer it took 3 coats of paint.

But I had a great helper.

This is the room all painted.....

.....and a view from the other side

So this carpet was the next thing to go.

At this point my knife broke.

After I got a new one ripping up the rest of the carpet was easy.

I just rolled it up and tossed it out the window.

Once I ripped up the carpet pad, I got an unexpected surprise and found old, ugly tile under it; I was furious, I thought it would be hard to pull up.

But it turns out that its so old and the glue is so brittle that they just pop right off the floor.

Hopefully I'll have another update soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment